As the “Holiday Season” approaches, are you filled with joy or overcome with stress? We had invited a surprise guest to provide a different perspective, but unfortunately he was unable to attend.
What happens for you as the holidays approach?
- Do you jump for joy at the prospect of creating and sharing a wonderful occasion for yourself and your family, complete with all the gifts and trimmings?
- Do you find yourself feeling tight, compressed, and full of dread about all the things you imagine you “have to do” as part of your “holiday celebration”?
- Or do you find yourself somewhere between these two extremes, excited about the holidays, but stressed out about the toll it’s going to take?
The holidays can be a stressful time for people, for all kinds of different reasons.
- Maybe you’re concerned about making space in your calendar for all the people you “have to” meet.
- Maybe you don’t like the idea of writing out 10, 50, 100, or even 500 cards to everyone on your list.
- Maybe you are fed up trying to find special gifts for all the people you are “supposed to” buy for.
- Maybe you just don’t want one more cup of mulled wine, or one more piece of Christmas cake.
So, how do we deal with this stress and still show up to be present for all the people that matter to us? Well, that’s what this week’s episode is all about. David & Tommy welcome a special “Mystery Guest” (rumor has it that he has some kind of association with the north pole…) to help find answers to some of these questions.